Thursday, October 22, 2009

Method 7

Hello again

For Method 7 we are to discover tagging & social bookmarking in Delicious.

I have been using Delicious for a few months and what they say in the articles is right. You can not bookmark enough!

When I teach workshops I have quite a few bookmarks to show. I recently taught a Lincoln workshop and had 32 websites. Right before the presentation I found that the IT people had been in to update the teaching computer and erased all of the bookmarks. Needless to say that was the start of my Delicious encounter. Now when that happens it's no problem. I just call up my account and keep teaching.

This is a great for libraries and librarians to teach and share websites. After reading the articles I'm thinking of creating a library account with tags for copyright, formats, and other websites students will need for their work. If it is accessed often, we could add fun sites. The capabilities are endless.

More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment