Monday, November 9, 2009

Method 12

Hello Everyone for the last time (at least for now),

This is to be our final blog for the Reflection & Evaluation of the program.

This has been a great way to painlessly learn or expand my knowledge of Web 2.0 technologies. I like the multiple links in each Method to different types of services e.g. RSS feeds, Social Networking, Tagging, etc. Having multiple sites for users to explore allows us to make the decision as to which is better for our type of library and patron. For example, in the podcasts I prefer Oreo over Juice, but others may like it the other way around. For photos I prefer Picasa over Flickr, but that's because I use Google much more in my personal life.

As I said in Method 11, I've been wanting to create something for my department. I thought a podcast that changes such as What's new for ROTC or Veteran Health Care.

The concept of this program is very good. It has structure, but allows us to work at our own pace within a specific time limit. I thought at first it would be a rush, but things are grouped together well and logically. For example, Photos & Images goes with Videos and Tagging & Social Bookmarking blends well with Social Networking.

Please, offer another 12 Things! I would like to take advantage of this opportunity. TSL has great programs and I'm always looking for ways to update my skills. The ability to gain Certificate of Completions is a bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment